“I had an excellent experience at Mountain Point. Everyone I interacted with there was pleasant and good at their jobs.” — Kerry
“I have always had great experiences here.” — Lindsey
“…I felt heard, cared for, and respected. ” — Michelle
Meet Mountain Point Medical Center’s Breast Oncology Specialist
Dr. Cara Guilfoyle
Breast Surgery Oncology Specialist
My philosophy of care is to help patients feel comfortable, especially when they are feeling most scared and/or vulnerable. Most of my patients are very nervous when they arrive for a consultation. My first order of business is to provide reassurance and help them feel comfortable with the recommended plan.
I treat my patients with the warmth and respect I extend to friends and family. I always try to exude optimism. In these moments of truth, when faced with the prospects of surgery and breast cancer treatment, I want you to realize that you have the strength to face this challenge and you are not alone.
Breast Surgery Oncology FAQ
What inspired you to choose your specialty?
What conditions or procedures do you have special training or experience in?
Describe the most distinctive features of your practice.
- Procedures / Services offered: I perform my own breast ultrasound, ultrasound guided and stereotactic biopsy procedures.
- Access/convenience: consultations will be offered within 2-3 days and when possible on the same day (it can take a day or so to get old medical records such as prior biopsy results and most importantly prior imaging. It is quickest if the patient gets her prior imaging on a disk and brings it to appt)
- Service: I usually perform biopsies on the same day of consultation
What are the top 3 things referring physicians should know about you (distinctive services, communication, see referrals the same day, unique training, etc.)?
- I have certifications in breast ultrasound, therefore I can perform breast ultrasound in the office. This saves the patient time and anxiety waiting for an imaging study. I also perform genetic testing in the office.
- I usually schedule my patient appointments so their breast imaging is on the same day of their office appointment. Therefore they can get immediate results and if biopsy is necessary, I can perform the procedure the same day as well.
- A large part of this specialty is managing the anxiety patients are feeling as they go through the process of a breast biopsy or cancer diagnosis. It is personally very important to me that they feel as calm as possible and that all of their questions are answered. I let them know of their pathology and genetic testing results as soon as they are available.